July 23, 2013

in the pink...and orange

I'm a neutral girl.  I love the soft blur of aged browns, yellow and whites, with  smidge of red thrown in for good measure.  But lately with this class I'm taking?  I am overwhelmed by hot pinks and orange.  Really. I could eat. them. up.  It's kind of liberating to make such a 180.  I'm not going to go crazy and paint my living room orange or anything, but it's nice to mix it up a bit.



 Every time I sit down to paint I find myself reaching for the same orange, pink, yellow, and green.  At first I tried to limit the use, but then I thought what the hell, it's my painting and I'll paint it orange if I want to.  With a bit of blue thrown in for good measure.







  


 



6 comments:

Dana Barbieri said...

So pretty!

Nancy Lynn said...

Very nice. I love everything. I'm usually vintage colors but with this class....bring on the Neon pink, yellow, orange and green. So not me but I am loving it.

Jill said...

Your papers are gorgeous, and I'm with you! The more muted and vintage the better, but I suppose there's something to be said for getting out of the comfort zone once in a while.

iHanna said...

Oh magic patterns, so beautiful!

Paula said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments!

mjk said...

ooooh, that pile of papers at the top is pure yumminess! love the long strip in front of the window too.